Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Tis the Season


Tis the season for cold weather, outdoor decorations, snow, and shopping for special little gifts for special little people in the family. The illustration above is a perfect example of how I viewed the world, and the holidays, for many years as I was growing up. It gave me an appreciation for whimsy that has managed to remain thru all this time. It is a gentler, kinder way of looking out at the world, a point of view that I choose gladly. That's where I am today.

I'm not doing much painting these days, it seems the Fiber Arts have taken over my life. Though I have my oils and canvases carefully stowed away at the moment, I am ready to pack up my watercolor gear and donate it to the art center, perhaps it can help some other aspiring artist to find their way.

 My art cabinet at home is now stuffed with a sizeable collection of yarn, fur and fiber. I am about to begin learning to create fiber blends via my new Strauch 'Finest' drum carder, an adventure I've been anticipating for a long time. And oh, the projects that I have in mind for the special yarns that I will spin!

Til next time......



2 comments:

  1. Whimsical is a good word for it. I too enjoyed my childhood with that picture. A great idyllic world, don't you think?

    How awesome is that drumcarder! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liana, thanks for peeking at my blog, bless you! Whimsy makes my world twirl, and why not choose a happy outlook...there are already enough grumps in the world :D
    Hope you and the DH have a nice Christmas...

    ReplyDelete